Sarah’s career in book publishing began at Penguin Books in London in 1995. In the following years she worked at Lonely Planet in London, and with Bridget Williams and Awa Press’s Mary Varnham on her return to Wellington.
In 2003 Sarah released the first book under her own imprint, The Best of Wellington, now up to edition 6.
Sarah and Lee have since published many other books including:
- The Best of Wellington: 6th edition (Bennett & Slater, 2016)
- Spirit to the Stone: Building the Old Ghost Road by Marion Boatwright (Bennett & Slater, 2016)
- The Crescent Moon: The Asian Face of Islam in New Zealand by Adrienne Jansen with photographs by Ans Westra (Asia New Zealand, 2009)
- 25 Years Of Nuclear Weapon Free Wellington by Helene Ritchie (Sarah Bennett Books, 2007)
- Shipping Out: Merchant Seaman’s Tale by Gerry Evans (Sarah Bennett Books, 2006)
- In Heavenly Love Abiding: Memoirs of a Missionary Wife by Catharine Eade (Sarah Bennett Books, 2005)
Our love of print never dies. If you have an interesting book project and need help making it happen, feel free to contact us to discuss it.