Indexing work is not recommended to those who lack an orderly mind and a capacity for taking pains. Peter Farrell
Dispelling the misapprehension that indexers are mousy, bespectacled types with an overzealous regard for see also and subtopic categorical subheadings, Lee displays the worldly and well-rounded personality of the ideal back-of-book indexer.
Proving he knows his arse from his zelbow, Lee has been producing indexes for the last 15 years for some of New Zealand’s finest non-fiction publishers, including Bridget Williams Books, Awa Press, Victoria University Press, and Potton & Burton. He is a proud member of the Australian and New Zealand Society of Indexers.
Lee’s areas of expertise include travel & tourism, history, politics, food & wine, science, engineering, environment, biography, crime, sports, music and the arts. His recent index include:
- The 9th Floor – Conversations with five New Zealand Prime Ministers, Bridget Williams Books & Radio New Zealand
- The New Zealand Project, Bridget Williams Books
- Nikau Cafe – The Cookbook, Nikau Cafe
- Human Rights in New Zealand, Bridget Williams Books
- The Catch: How fishing companies reinvented slavery and plunder the oceans, Awa Press
- Tragedy at Pike River Mine: How and why 29 people died, Awa Press
- Athens to Aotearoa – Greece and Rome in New Zealand Literature and Society, Victoria University Press\