We’re experienced meeting facilitators, conference speakers, guest authors, radio interviewees …. as well as dancers and DJs, although we’ve noticed very little call for this on a professional basis. We live in hope.
Here are some of the gigs we’ve done over the last decade or so:
- Wanaka Mountain Book Festival 2017 – guest authors, Ethical & Sustainable Travel Writing
- New Zealand Cycle Trail AGM 2017 – keynote speakers, Telling New Zealand Cycle Trail Stories
- NewstalkZB’s Tim Fookes’ Show – monthly restaurant reviewer, 2013–17
- VicParks Australia Annual Conference 2015 – keynote speaker, Tips for Top Website Content
- Holiday Parks Association of New Zealand annual conferences, 2011–15 – guest speakers, various topics
- Flight Centre Expos 2011–12 – Lonely Planet guest author presentations
- PechaKucha Nelson 2010 – How I Became a Travel Writer
- Radio New Zealand – several author interviews
There are others that were either so dodgy or so ancient we’ve forgotten them (except for that cringe-inducing talk Sarah gave at the Kentish Town library in 1999. Best forgotten, perhaps).